Due to Thanksgiving and several family gatherings, Potomac Grade School has decided to go to Remote Learning November 30-December 4. Students will be expected to log onto Zoom meetings throughout the day, as well as complete assignments. The week should be viewed just as an in person learning week should. We understand the stress that this may cause, but feel this is necessary for the safety of our school and to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Students will return to in person learning on Monday, December 7.
Please keep in mind, due to the new mandates from the state, teachers will provide content and instruction to students via Google Classroom, Zoom, and Seesaw. To support your child, we recommend that you:
- Establish routines and expectations for completing work that fit with your family’s routine during these days.
- Make sure your child has a consistent physical space for work.
- Make sure that your child keeps their device(s) charged.
- Make sure your child logs on to their scheduled meetings. If they do not log on, they will be marked absent.
- Encourage your child to contact their teacher with questions.
- Observe work hours for teachers–they will respond to your emails within 24 hours but are not expected to do so outside of work hours.
During the remote learning week, breakfasts and lunches will be available. Meals are available to EVERYONE. If you would like meals, please fill out this survey. https://forms.gle/d4LCQJXqSgZc...
Thank you for your understanding!